27a North Street, Rockhampton City, QLD 4700
Positive Cashflow/High Yield
Advertised For Rent
About the Property
Step back in time and discover a piece of Rockhampton’s history: This charming 1950s low-set home, nestled on a generous 416m2 block, awaits your creative spirit to unlock its full potential.
Art Deco elegance dances throughout, from the sun-drenched living room with its original terrazzo flooring to the characterful breakfast nook in the spacious open kitchen. Imagine whipping up delicious meals and sharing them with loved ones in this inviting space, bathed in natural light.
Three bedrooms, two with built-in robes, offer ample space for families or creative workspaces, while the separate sleepout provides a versatile haven for guests, a home office, or even a dedicated hobby room.
Beyond the walls, possibilities bloom: The expansive backyard is a blank canvas for your landscaping dreams. Picture a lush oasis with mature trees, a bubbling fountain, or a vibrant patio perfect for summer barbecues.
Convenience is king here: This centrally located gem places you within easy reach of everything Rockhampton has to offer. From bustling shopping centers and top-rated schools to healthcare facilities and vibrant entertainment options, you’ll find everything you need just a stone’s throw away. Parks, restaurants, and endless opportunities for exploration await.
This is more than just a house; it’s a blank canvas for your vision, a chance to create a modern masterpiece that reflects your unique style. Are you a visionary ready to breathe new life into this classic residence.
Enjoy the convenience of being centrally positioned near all amenities. From shopping centers, schools, healthcare facilities, to restaurants, parks, and entertainment options, you’ll find everything within easy reach.
In its original condition with Art Deco themes, this character home currently offers:
– 3 bedrooms plus sleepout, 2 including built in robes
– Large open kitchen and dining with additional office space
– Spacious living room
– Single lock up car garage
This is a true opportunity for visionaries who wish to transform it into their dream property.
From the realestate.com.au listing
About the Suburb
Rockhampton City is a suburban suburb located in Queensland, Australia, approximately 6 kilometers southwest of Rockhampton’s Central Business District. It boasts a population of around 2,000 residents and offers a relaxed atmosphere with a mix of housing options, making it a suitable choice for families, young professionals, and retirees alike.
The Rockhampton City housing market is primarily composed of houses, with units making up a smaller portion. The median house price sits at $243,000, offering an affordable entry point for first-time buyers and investors. The market has experienced a slight decline in growth (-0.3%) over the past year, however, the rental yield of 8.6% and low vacancy rate indicate potential for rental investment opportunities.
- Houses: Available in a range of styles and sizes, from charming 1950s cottages to modern family homes. Prices typically range from $200,000 to $500,000, depending on the property’s condition, size, and location.
- Units: Limited in availability, but offer a low-maintenance alternative for individuals or couples. Prices are generally between $150,000 and $250,000.
- Centrally located: Close proximity to Rockhampton’s CBD provides access to essential amenities like shopping centers, schools, healthcare facilities, and entertainment options.
- Family-friendly: Numerous parks and public green spaces offer opportunities for outdoor recreation and family fun.
- Peaceful atmosphere: Quiet streets and a relaxed vibe contribute to a sense of community and belonging.
Things to Consider:
- Limited public transport: While not completely car-dependent, having a vehicle is recommended for easy access to various parts of the city.
- Smaller suburb: Rockhampton City offers a quieter lifestyle compared to the bustling CBD, which may not appeal to everyone.
- Development potential: With vacant land still available, the suburb has the potential for future growth and development.
Overall, Rockhampton City presents a compelling option for those seeking an affordable, family-friendly suburb with easy access to amenities and a relaxed atmosphere. While the limited public transport and smaller size might be drawbacks for some, the suburb’s charm, affordability, and potential for growth make it a worthwhile consideration for many.
- Rockhampton City is listed on 5 out of 6 major property portals, indicating strong market presence and buyer interest.
- The Day-On-Market (DOM) of 50 indicates a relatively quick pace of property sales in the area.