Map layers and overlays do really help when searching for certain properties especially for property development enthusiasts or even those newbies. Not only it makes data expression clearer and intuitive but makes the overlay of geographic data possible. Visualising and seeing the distribution of data in each suburb/state makes it easier to mine for deeper and specific information and make better decisions.
Our Stash interactive map allows you to click and select properties right away and gives you rewarding experiences and not just pretty pictures. The most valuable maps are information products that are visually interesting from the first time you see them. Yet they reward you with additional information as you explore and interact with the map. It really is a good thing to picture out how your prospect property looks and check other information/factors that may help you with your research and decision making.
This definitely gives Stash a whole new look and we’ve made some makeover to our platform but still keeping the user friendly experience to our customers.
Why do we need Map Layers?
1. Adds context to your maps
Layers make maps more contextual and help you focus on specific aspects like assets, roads, and points of interest. Map layers make it easier for you to work on a specific set of objects in your map.
2. Helps you detect change faster
With a map layer, you see how various measures and metrics are changing over time. For example, the property developers can track those properties which are already developed and exclude this from their list of areas to be developed.
Great maps don’t just happen automatically, though. You have to put a little bit of yourself into the effort, and do some finishing touches to make it more unique. The data you are mapping won’t tell its story without your help.
This is why we made sure that some of our existing layers are kept in our new version, namely the Street, Satellite and Recent aerial maps layers. Aside from the fact that it helped you locate properties, it also gives additional information towards our customers and viewers. With the Aerial maps, it enables our customers to check on recently developed properties and check those properties that are prospects for new developments.
- Street map
- Satellite map
- Metromap Aerial map
The aerial maps imagery is really of big help to avoid targeting properties that are already developed. Learn more through our blog for Aerial maps.
With the efforts of our Development team, the following overlays were also added to make sure that our customers have richer information when doing their property search.
- For Sale – this allows our customers to check on properties which are listed/for sale.
- Contours – view the elevations of the properties if they are located on a flat area, sloping, or the land is steep.
- Flooding and Bushfire – allows our customers to check on hazard prone areas and visualise the intensity of the hazards through its colours. Learn more on our blog about Bushfire and Flooding layers.
- Zoning – gives a better understanding on what zone the property belongs to just by looking at the map through the colours that each zone indicates.
How to check the Map Layers and Overlays in Stash v3?
To check the map layers and overlays inside Stash, just simply follow the steps below:
- Select your target property.
- Once done, click the ‘Layers’ icon on the upper right-hand side of the Stash page.
- It will show all the available layers and overlays that you may toggle to see on the map.
- You may toggle multiple overlays to show on the map.
Awesome layers and overlays, right? Not just that. We have added new layers and overlays to make your property search journey more exciting!
Want to experience Stash v3? Go ahead and sign up for our 7-day FREE trial at https://v3.stashproperty.com.au/app and be part of Stash’s biggest milestone.